The apple watch is regarded as the best smartwatch due to its amazing features, including the ability to track your workouts, shop, and even answer calls and texts. Despite its excellent performance, it also needs to be restored from time to time. You will be required to unpair your current iPhone whenever you reset or connect your Apple watch with a new device. So How to Disconnect Apple Watch? Occasionally, unpairing the Apple watch from the iPhone can be a daunting task. Therefore, here we provide you with three ways on how to disconnect your Apple Watch from your iPhone.
It is necessary to disconnect your Apple Watch from your current iPhone, backup its data, and disable Activation. Lock in order to be able to pair it with a new phone or upgrade to a better Apple Watch. Here’s how to unpair an Apple Watch and restore it if necessary.
1: Unpair via the iPhone app
It’s one of the easiest ways to unpair an Apple Watch with the iPhone application. Here’s what you need to do:
- First, open your iPhone, & go to the Apple Watch application.
- Go to the top of the screen and select the All Watches option.
- On the right, click the Info button for more information.
- Unpair your apple watch by clicking Unpair Apple Watch.
- All you need is your Apple ID and iPhone password.
- Make sure they match.
- Turn off Activation Lock
You will be able to backup all the data on the Apple watch in your iPhone and restore the factory settings. The first method is to use the iPhone app to unpair your Apple Watch.
2: Unpairing an Apple Watch directly on the smartwatch
- First, open the Settings application on your Apple Watch.
- To access the General settings, tap on it.
- Reset the system.
- To erase all content and settings, tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- If you have enabled your passcode, enter it here.
- Erase All (or, if you have a cellular plan and want to keep it, Erase All & Keep Plan).
- From your computer’s web browser, navigate to iCloud.com to disable Activation Lock after the Apple Watch has finished restoring.
- Sign in using your Apple ID and Apple password.
- Now click on settings
- Under My Devices, select your Apple Watch.
- To remove your Apple Watch, click the X next to it.
- Please click Remove to confirm.
3: Unpair through the Watch – Without Using Your Password
These two methods of ‘how to disconnect Apple Watch’ are not for you if you don’t know your Apple ID and/or password.
Here’s how you can solve the problem.
The steps listed below should be followed in order:
- While the smartwatch is plugged in, press the Side button firmly.
- Press and hold the power button. Press it until it turns off.
- Erase all content and settings.